Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lost and Found

My dear friends, do you know what is in your wallet? Sure there's the normal credit card/ID type of stuff. What about membership cards? Insurance cards? Account numbers? Social security numbers? Because of a small mishap I had this week, I am going to encourage you to do something you may consider a bit odd. It is not something I would have ever considered before this past week. First, I will share my story. What happened this past week? We had a holiday. (Yay Memorial Day!) My family met up with some friends at the local zoo. (Yay jaxzoo.org!) And come Tuesday morning (aka grocery morning) I could not find my purse. (Boo!) I did have my Driver's License and my annual zoo pass, (Yay!) which were in the stroller pocket, not my purse. So what did I do? After a cursory search through the house and car, I grabbed my spare credit card and headed to the grocery store. By Wednesday afternoon, after checking my accounts status and calling the zoo's lost-and-found, I had concluded that my purse was lost and gone forever. (Boo.) Thus, I canceled the cards that were in my purse and panicked about what other info may have leaked into the wrong hands. (Double Boo.) Wednesday night, by God's grace (and probably some tiny little hands), my purse materialized. (Super yay!) All of this really got me thinking... It's time to take 15 minutes and.... inventory your wallet! I will implore you to write or type a complete inventory of your wallet. File it with your other personal information or add it to your HOUSEHOLD HUB binder. Update it regularly. .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so right - it was definitely I had never thought of. I appreciate you sharing your experience!

Alyson and Ford said...

Sorry you went through the panic of losing a wallet or purse - not much fun!
Before we travel, we make photocopies of all our cards in our wallet (ID's and credit cards, etc) and passport in addition to all the normal things you should have copies of.

Thanks for visiting our blog!

Alyson LID 01/27/06 IA China

Your Organizing Guru said...

Alyson,
Great travel tip! I do that for trips, but have neglected the day-to-day. Thanks for sharing your travel wisdom. I hope you enjoyed travel month (May) along with us!
~J