Sunday, September 21, 2008

Equinox, anyone?

This week we usher in Fall.  It doesn't quite feel fall-ish here in Northeast Florida.  It is a bit cooler, and for that we are thankful.  The humidity will lift soon enough, I'm sure.  Ah Fall.  Autumn.  My favorite time of the year.  (And no, it is not just because many allergens are dying off, although that is a nice blessing, isn't it?!)  I love Fall for:  Pumpkins and dry air.  Children in costumes.  The anticipation of upcoming holidays and all the bustle and celebration they promise.  Warm colors exploding from a natural pallet of reds, oranges, browns, yellows, and left-over-greens. (sigh)  I love autumn. 

With the beginning of Autumn, what's on my to-do list for the near future?  I am so glad you asked.  For the next month or so I plan to spend some time "finishing summer". 

  • Making one last warm trip to the beach before the winds turn to cutting iciness.  Maybe we'll finally try out that kite? 
  • Sorting out the magazine basket (I love magazines!) to make room for the influx of toy and gift catalogs that arrive starting soon.
  • Cleaning out the garage (or storage unit/man cave) so that all of our outdoors toys will be accessible for us to spend the Fall outside! 
  • Removing some branches from trees that need a serious trim.  And creating firewood!

Oh, how did you rejuvenate this past week?  I picked up a stack of books at the local library and have been enjoying reading the wisdom of Peter Walsh.  While I don't always agree with Mr. Walsh, I do find him insightful.  He really does look past the "stuff" to the heart of the clutter.

~J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's fall! It's fall!! I love fall too! Cooler temps, pretty leaves (at least here in MONTANA), and cozy evenings by the fire! Yay!

I did rejuvenate this week - I took some time to read a book sent to me many months ago by a precious friend.

It's probably time for me to blog too, huh? I can blog about fall!